Though countless expeditions had arrived in the New World prior to 1620, some of which hit the shores of the Caribbean, Central America, and North America more than a century earlier, it is the arrival of the Mayflower off the coast of Massachusetts in 1620 that is heralded as the beginning of what would become known as the United States of America. Today, 2020 Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Voyage Two-Coin Sets are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of a presentation display with protective capsules and an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- Features individual coins from the United States Mint and Royal Mint!
- Mintage limited to 4,850 two-coin sets only!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold per coin.
- Face values of $10 (USD) and 25 Pound sterling (GBP) backed by the US and UK governments.
- On the US Mint releases are images of Wampanoag indigenous people and newly-arrived Puritans.
- The coins from the Royal Mint feature images of Queen Elizabeth II and the Mayflower.
- Distinctive two-coin gold set!
The Mayflower sailed from the south of England in late August 1620, only to turn back after several days as the other ship accompanying it on the journey across the Atlantic Ocean had encountered structural problems. After onboarding as many passengers and crew from the other ship as possible, the Mayflower finally set sail in early September. After two months at sea, the Mayflower approached the North American coast near what is now Massachusetts in November 1620.
All of the 2020 Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Voyage Two-Coin Sets available to you here mark the first-ever collaboration between the United States Mint and the Royal Mint of England on a gold bullion coin release. Included in the set are 1/4 ounce gold coins from each mint with .9999 fine gold content. The coins are individually packaged in protective capsules and housed together in a presentation box. The set comes with an individual Certificate of Authenticity.
On the obverse of the US Mint coins is the image of a Wampanoag family with the young boy in the family resting his foot on the design rim of the coin as he looks out at the approaching foreign ship with a sense of wonder, though his parents likely view it with a sense of unease. The reverse of the US Mint gold coins includes a depiction of two English Puritans traveling to the New World on the Mayflower.
The obverse of the Royal Mint coins in this gold set includes a bust of Queen Elizabeth II. Designed by Jody Clark in 2015, this is the fifth-generation effigy of the Queen for British coins. In the reverse design element of the Royal Mint gold coins, you will find a depiction of the Mayflower as it sails along on the waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions about these gold coin sets. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.