The Perth Mint’s new Lunar Series III coin collection features an array of options for those who want to buy silver. The investment-grade silver coins alone feature a lone fractional-weight option and five options of 1 oz weight or greater. The Lunar Series III coins are also available in collectible proof silver options with just three individual weights to choose from when buying. Right now, 2020 Proof Silver Australian Lunar Mouse Three-Coin Sets are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you inside of a three-coin Perth Mint clamshell with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity included!
- First year of availability for Lunar Series III coins at Perth Mint!
- Mintage limited to 1,000 coins sets only!
- Consists of three coins with .9999 fine silver content in each for a total of 3.5 troy oz.
- Bears individual face values assigned and backed by the federal government of Australia.
- On the obverse is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse side features the Year of the Mouse design.
- Ing Ing Jong created the reverse designs.
Each 2020 Proof Silver Australian Lunar Mouse Three-Coin Set comes to you with a three-coin clamshell display from the Perth Mint. The clamshell is housed within an illustrated shipping sleeve that features Year of the Mouse artwork. Each set has its own, numbered Certificate of Authenticity and the coins have frosted designs with mirrored background fields.
The Perth Mint’s Lunar Series III proof silver coin set includes 1/2 oz, 1 oz, and 2 oz silver coins. While the proof 1/2 oz and 1 oz coins are available for individual purchase, the only place you’ll find the 2 oz proof silver coin is inside of collectible sets such as this from the Perth Mint. The coins have face values in Australian dollars of $.50, $1, and $2.
On the reverse of 2020 Proof Silver Australian Lunar Mouse Coins is Ing Ing Jong’s debut design for the Lunar Series III program. Ms. Jong has been working on the lunar programs at the Perth Mint since 2013 and this design for the new Year of the Mouse release features two mice chewing away on some corn stalks.
The obverse side of 2020 Proof Silver Lunar Mouse Coins in this set include Queen Elizabeth II’s effigy. This sixth-generation design from Jody Clark makes its first appearance on Lunar Series coins after the Lunar Series II coins finished in 2019 with Ian Rank-Broadley’s effigy to ensure all 12 coins in that collection had the same obverse. This right-profile portrait depicts the Queen with the Royal Diadem crown, earrings, and the Victorian coronation necklace.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Silver.com. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.