From 1986 to 1992, the Proof Silver American Eagle was produced at the San Francisco Mint with an “S” mint mark on the reverse of the coins. After being struck at the Philadelphia Mint from 1993 to 2000, the traditional Proof Silver Eagle has been struck at the West Point Mint from 2001 onward. After several commemorative issues at the San Francisco Mint in the 2010s, the US Mint resumed coining a small number of Proof Silver Eagles annually at the San Francisco Mint in 2018. Right now, perfect condition 2020-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of an individual protective slab courtesy of the NGC!
- 34th issue of Proof Silver American Eagles!
- Original mintage limited to 200,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the heraldic eagle.
- Comes with an “S” mint mark from the San Francisco Mint.
- Please keep in mind it is possible to receive coins with matching additional labels when you buy multiples.
Each of the 2020-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles offered here comes with a perfect certification from the NGC. Coins in PF70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws of any kind. The coins listed here have the possibility of coming with additional labels such as UCAM or Early Release, indicators of the impressive visual brilliance and timing of arrival.
Silver.com selects your coin at random once your payment has cleared. While all specimens are 2020-S Proof Silver Eagles with a perfect grade from the NGC, we cannot guarantee whether or not you will find additional labels with the coin you receive. Please keep in mind that it is possible to get coins with and without, or all with, additional labels when you buy multiples.
The obverse side of 2020-S Proof Silver Eagles features the historic Walking Liberty design. First created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman and used on the US half dollar for more than three decades, the design shows Liberty walking from right to left across the design element with the American flag draped around her figure.
On the reverse field of 2020-S 1 oz Proof Silver Eagles is the heraldic eagle of the United States. Though this design will appear on select BU and Proof Silver Eagles in 2021, it will be replaced by a new eagle design by mid-2021. However, when it comes to the S-Proof Silver Eagles, this 2020 coin is the last one to feature the heraldic eagle design.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.