The Gold American Eagle is the official gold bullion coin of the United States and the format for a new 75th Anniversary End of World War II privy mark. The privy is added to the 2020 Proof Gold Eagle to mark the end of hostilities and comes with a distinctive mark on these limited-edition gold coins for sale. Right now, 2020-W 1 oz Proof End of WWII 75th Anniversary Gold American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective capsule and presentation case with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- 34th year of availability for the Proof Gold American Eagles!
- Unique 75th Anniversary Privy mark honoring the end of World War II!
- Mintage limited to 1,945 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Lady Liberty graces the obverse of the coin.
- “V75” privy mark on the obverse.
- Family of bald eagles on the reverse side of the coin.
- “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint.
Each 2020-W 1 oz Proof End of WWII 75th Anniversary Gold American Eagle in this product listing comes with a protective plastic capsule from the United States Mint and a beautiful, maroon presentation case. The case has the United States Mint name and logo on the interior lid with a maroon velvet-lined interior. The coin and case are housed inside of a themed shipper and come with a Certificate of Authenticity.
The 75th-anniversary privy mark found on the obverse of the 2020 Proof Gold American Eagles is shaped like the Rainbow Pool in Washington D.C. Located on the National Mall, the Rainbow Pool is at the heart of the National World War II Memorial that was constructed in 2001. The pool itself was originally constructed in 1924.
Lady Liberty features on the obverse of 2020-W 1 oz Proof End of WWII 75th Anniversary Gold American Eagles. This design was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens at the request of President Theodore Roosevelt. It first graced the Gold $20 Double Eagle coin from 1907 to 1933 and was revived for the debut of the Gold Eagles in 1986. It shows Liberty walking away from Washington D.C. with a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other.
A family of bald eagles is depicted on the reverse side of 2020-W Proof End of WWII Gold American Eagles. Designed by Miley Busiek in 1986, the image reflects a female eagle in the family nest with a young hatchling and a male eagle flying overhead.
If you have any questions, you can contact Silver.com customer service for support. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.