Proof Platinum American Eagles from the United States Mint stand out in the platinum coin series because of the long halt in the production of bullion coins. Another differentiating factor for the proof versions of the Platinum Eagles is the use of new designs on the reverse throughout the series history, and more recently, on the obverse field. Today, 2020-W Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship inside of black cases from the US Mint that include a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 24th year of availability for the Proof Platinum American Eagles!
- Mintage limited to 13,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- The face value of $100 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Liberty enjoys the fruits of her labor and harvest while a young girl plays nearby on the obverse field.
- An American bald eagle soars on the obverse is it clutches an olive branch in its talons.
- Comes with a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The Proof Platinum Eagle and the bullion version of the Platinum Eagle were both introduced in 1997 by the United States Mint. Both versions of the coin initially offered three fractional-ounce coins that consisted of 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/2 oz weights. In 2009, the bullion series was halted entirely and the proof version of the coin lost its fractional-ounce coins. Only the 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagle has been offered every year in this series since 1997.
All of the 2020-W Proof Platinum American Eagles in this listing come to you with a black-velvet-lined presentation case. The coin is housed within the case along with a Certificate of Authenticity from the United States Mint.
An all-new Liberty design is found on the obverse of the 2020-W Proof Platinum American Eagle. Just the fourth different image of Liberty in this series, the 2020 design depicts Liberty walking in a field with the fruits of the harvest clutched in her hand. Nearby, a young girl is playing as she chases down a butterfly.
The common design element of the 2020-W Proof Platinum American Eagle features on the reverse side. Throughout the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Series, the United States Mint uses the image of an American bald eagle flying through the design field with its wings outstretched as its talons clutch an olive branch.
The Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Series from the United States Mint runs from 2018 through 2020 with three new images of Liberty on the obverse in each release. The collection celebrates the theme of “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness”
Please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com if you have any questions. You can reach us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.