The Gold Eagle coin from the United States Mint comes with four weights and three versions of the coin each year. While there is diversity in the options within the series, one thing has remained a constant throughout its three-plus decades of production: design. Well, in 2021 that is changing with the 2021 Type 2 coin releases. Right now, 2021 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary year of release in the Gold American Eagle Series!
- New bald eagle visuals on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue coins.
- The obverse features an effigy of Liberty.
- On the reverse is an all-new bald eagle design.
Each of the 2021 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2s in this product listing at Silver.com comes with a perfect certification. A coin with a Mint State 70 certification exhibits full, original mint luster and presents with no detracting flaws on the design elements or fields of the coin. The First Day of Issue indicator with these coins means that each was received by the NGC within 24 hours of release by the United States Mint.
The design that now graces the reverse of 2021 Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins comes from Jennie Norris. An accomplished graphic designer, professor at the University of Arizona, and lover of the great outdoors, Ms. Norris submitted her design for the reverse as one of more than 30 options as the new design element on the coins.
The obverse of 2021 1/10 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins features the historic image of Lady Liberty. Created in 1907, this design shows Liberty’s full-length figure in front-facing relief as she walks toward the viewer. Her right hand holds aloft a torch as her left hand carries an olive branch of peace. The background field includes the U.S. Capitol Building with rays of sun and a ring of 50 stars.
On the reverse side of the 2021 Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coin is a depiction of the American bald eagle. The head of the eagle is shown in left-profile relief as it fixes its sharp gaze right on your eye.
If you have questions, Silver.com is here to help. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.