Gold American Eagles offer an exciting change in 2021 for followers of the series. For the first time in the history of the collection, the United States Mint is refreshing one of the major design elements on the coin. Issued from midyear onward, the 2021 Type 2 coin delivers the new American bald eagle design on the reverse. Right now, 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in an NGC protective plastic slab!
- 35th-anniversary date in the Gold American Eagle Series!
- All-new reverse design element!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release specimen.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is a new bald eagle design.
- Enhanced visual details on the obverse better align with the initial 1907 design.
- Reeded edge variation provides anti-counterfeiting security for the coins.
Each of the 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagles available in this product listing come to you in perfect condition. A coin with a Mint State 70 certification exhibits full, original mint luster and bears no detracting flaws of any kind. The Early Release designation assigned to these coins indicates each one was received for grading within 30 days of the US Mint’s release of the coins.
The new 2021 Gold Eagle Type 2 Coin brings an end to 35 years of the series boasting Miley Busiek’s design on the reverse. Created just for the Gold American Eagle Series in 1986, Ms. Busiek’s design featured a family of bald eagles in and around a nest. This design was struck one final time in 2021 with the issue of Type 1 coins in the first half of the year. As of July 2021, the original reverse design is officially retired as the new design goes into production.
The obverse of 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins comes with an image of Lady Liberty. This design from 1907 was created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens for use on the Gold $20 Double Eagle circulation coin.
On the reverse of the 2021 Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coin is a new design of the American bald eagle. Created by Jennie Norris, this new visual shows a bald eagle’s head in left-profile relief.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.