The release of the 2021 Gold American Eagles with the Type 2 design charts a new course forward into the future for the Gold Eagle Series. The new design for the reverse of the coins reimagines the bald eagle and captures the bird with its piercing gaze fixed right on the viewer. Now, 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins in perfect condition are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coin ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary coin in the 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle Series!
- Brand-new bald eagle design on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $25 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike label.
- The obverse depicts Liberty.
- On the reverse is the face of a bald eagle.
- Enhanced details on the obverse better match the original 1907 design.
- Anti-counterfeiting measure added to the rim of the coin.
The Gold American Eagles are struck on 22-karat gold blanks. The Gold Eagle was the purest coin the US Mint issued in more than a century when it debuted in 1986. 22-karat gold coins from the US Mint feature 91.67% gold with an alloy of silver and copper. In addition to the gold content, the coins have 5.33% copper and 3% silver.
For the Type 2 release, the all-new reverse image of a bald eagle from Jennie Norris makes its debut. The design of the bald eagle head shown here was chosen from a group of more than 30 possible designs to be the new face of the coin’s reverse field. Ms. Norris is a participating artist in the Artistic Infusion Program at the United States Mint.
The obverse of the 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle features a portrait Liberty. This front-facing image of Liberty was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. The image was originally featured on the Gold $20 Double Eagle circulation coin.
On the reverse side of 2021 Gold American Eagle Type 2 coins is a depiction of the bald eagle. This design of the bald eagle captures the powerful predator as its piercing gaze looks out to the horizon. The level of detail present in the design is exceptional and captures the plumage of the bird in great detail.
These 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins are perfect specimens. The PCGS issues a Mint State 70 grade to coins with full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. First Strike coins are those that were received for certification inside the first 30 days following release from the US Mint.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you with questions at 888-989-7223. We are also available online using our live chat and email address features.