In the Gold Eagle Series in 2021, the United States Mint issued its first-ever new design for the collection. The all-new design of the bald eagle on the reverse comes from Jennie Norris, a graphic artist working with the United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program. Today, 2021 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 35th anniversary for the Gold American Eagle Series!
- Brand-new design on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue specimens.
- On the obverse of the coin is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse depicts a bald eagle in left-profile relief.
The Gold American Eagles have featured the same designs on the obverse and reverse since 1986. The only previous design changes to occur in the series came in the form of new date marks. From 1986 to 1991, the US Mint used Roman numerals to denote the date mark on the coins. In 1992, it switched Arabic numerals. This overhaul of the reverse design marks the first major alteration in the history of the series.
All of the 2021 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins listed here are perfect specimens. Coins with a Mint State 70 grade have full, original mint luster and bear no detracting flaws of any kind. The additional designation of First Day of Issue refers to the timing of the coin’s arrival for certification. A First Day of Issue Coin is one received by the NGC within 24 hours of the US Mint’s release of the coins.
On the obverse side of 2021 Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins is a depiction of Lady Liberty. This iconic design was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and featured on the Gold $20 Double Eagle until 1933. In this image, Liberty walks toward the viewer with a torch held up in one hand and an olive branch in the other.
The reverse field of the 2021 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coin comes with an image of the American bald eagle. Designed for the series in 2020 by Jennie Norris, it debuts with the release of the Type 2 versions of the 2021 Gold Eagles. In the design, the bald eagle is shown in left-profile relief peering at the viewer.
Please feel free to contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.