Introduced in 1986, the Gold Eagles from the United States Mint have never seen a design change in the history of the program. For the 35th anniversary, the series gets a new reverse American bald eagle design. Created by Jennie Norris, the image emerged from a field of more than 30 potential designs as the new reverse image. Now, certified perfect 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside of protective plastic slabs courtesy of the NGC!
- 35th anniversary of the Gold American Eagle Series!
- Debut release of the new reverse design!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $50 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Comes with an Early Release label.
- The obverse depicts Liberty.
- On the reverse is a new bald eagle design.
- Anti-counterfeiting feature in the reeded edge variation.
- Enhanced levels of detail on obverse design elements.
Gold American Eagle and Silver American Eagle coins are getting a design refresh for the first time in 2021. The coins will get separate reverse designs, in keeping with the history of the series, with the Gold Eagle design from Ms. Norris depicting the head of a bald eagle with incredible attention to detail.
The United States Mint started its 2021 production cycle with the release of its original design on the reverse of the coins. This gave the mint flexibility to continue meeting demand for the coins before a pause in production to switch out dies in its coining presses to begin production of the new Type 2 design.
The obverse of 2021 Gold American Eagles features the Liberty design from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This image shows Liberty in front-facing relief as she walks toward the viewer holding up a torch and clutching an olive branch. Several of the design elements have been enhanced to recreate the original intent of Saint-Gaudens design from 1907.
On the reverse of 2021 1 oz Gold Eagles is the new design of the bald eagle. It depicts the head of the powerful bird of prey with sharp details in its plumage. The design shows the bird’s head in left-profile relief.
These 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles come with a Mint State 70 certification from the NGC. Coins in this condition showcase full, original mint luster and have no flaws present. The Early Release label is for coins that were received for grading within 30 days of the US Mint’s release of the coins.
Silver.com customer service can assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online through our live chat and email address features.