With the release of 2021 Type 2 Gold Eagles, the United States Mint takes its primary gold bullion program into a new era. For the first time in the program’s history, the design of the coin has been refreshed with a new reverse image of the American bald eagle. Today, 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship inside an NGC protective slab!
- 35th-anniversary release of the Gold American Eagle!
- All-new Type 2 visual!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue label.
- On the obverse is Liberty.
- The reverse features a new image of the American bald eagle.
- Anti-counterfeiting measure on the reeded edge.
- Enhanced details on the obverse design elements.
The 2021 release of Gold American Eagles at the United States Mint features two different design combinations. To ensure continuity of demand, the 2021 Gold Eagles were first issued with the original design combinations before a pause in production. This brief pause allowed the US Mint to install new dies in its coining presses to strike 2021 Gold Eagles with the brand-new reverse visual.
All of these 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles are offered in perfect condition. The NGC issues a Mint State 70 grade to coins that have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws present on the coins. The included First Day of Issue label with these coins indicates the NGC received each coin from the US Mint within the first 24 hours of its release from the mint.
On the obverse of 2021 Gold Eagles is an effigy of Lady Liberty. This vision of Liberty was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and featured on the Gold $20 Double Eagle from 1907 to 1933. In this release, the details on the torch, sun rays, stars, and the U.S. Capitol Building have been enhanced to bring the design closer to Saint-Gaudens’ original vision.
The reverse field of the 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles features the all-new design from Jennie Norris. With the release of this new design, the bald eagle’s head comes into greater focus for the series. Captured in left-profile relief, the little details shine through in this impressive image of the national symbol of America.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our team is available to assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and through our email address.