In 2021, the United States Mint made one of the most distinctive releases of Gold American Eagles in the history of the series. Not only did a new design debut on the reverse of the coins for the first time in the program’s long production run, but the series also featured its first-ever dual release with Type 1 and Type 2 coins in 2021. Now, certified-perfect 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary year of availability in the 1 oz Gold Eagle Series!
- Last release of the Miley Busiek reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $50 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue designation.
- The obverse depicts Liberty.
- On the reverse is a family of bald eagles around its nest.
To start the 2021 release of Gold American Eagles, the United States Mint released all four weights in BU and Proof with the original design from Miley Busiek. In 2021, this design became known as the Type 1 to differentiate it from the change in reverse designs that would occur midway through the year.
Starting in July 2021, Gold Eagles were released in the BU, Proof, and Burnished versions of the coin with the all-new design from Jennie Norris. At this point, the original design was retired for good. No burnished coins were issued in 2021 with the Type 1 design.
The obverse of 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles features the effigy of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Designed in 1907, it shows her front-facing figure as she strides toward you on the coin field. She holds up a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
On the reverse side of the 2021 Gold American Eagle is a depiction of a family of American bald eagles. Featured on the coins for the final time, the design includes a male bald eagle soaring over a nest that holds a female eagle and a young hatchling.
These 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles are available to you in Mint State 70 condition with protective slabs. MS70 coins are considered perfect specimens that showcase full, original mint luster and have no detractions of any kind. The First Day of Issue label is for coins that were received for grading within 24 hours of release
Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223. Alternatively, you can chat with us live online or email us directly.