The Gold American Eagles are available to investors in 2021 with two versions of the BU coin. As initially released early in the year, the 2021 coins known as Type 1s continued with the original reverse design. With the release of Type 2s, the US Mint marks the 35th anniversary of the series with a new reverse design from Jennie Norris. Right now, 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary year of availability for the Gold American Eagle!
- New bald eagle design from Jennie Norris on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue specimens.
- The obverse depicts Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new bald eagle image.
- Variation on the reeded edge for anti-counterfeiting defense.
- Enhanced details on select obverse design elements.
Each 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coin listed here is in perfect condition. A Mint State 70 coin exhibits full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws present. The additional First Day of Issue label means that each coin was received by the PCGS within 24 hours of the US Mint’s release of the Type 2 coins.
Jennie Norris’ design of the American bald eagle on the reverse was chosen from a field of more than 30 possible designs submitted to the US Mint. Ms. Norris is a member of the United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program, with the new Gold Eagle reverse design her first major contribution to the mint.
The obverse of 2021 Gold American Eagles comes with the historic image of Lady Liberty. First used on the Gold $20 Double Eagle in 1907, this image from Augustus Saint-Gaudens shows Liberty in front-facing relief with a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other. Select design elements have been enhanced with this release to capture the details just as Saint-Gaudens intended in 1907.
On the reverse side of the 2021 1 oz Gold Eagle is an image of the bald eagle. This all-new design captures the bird’s head in left-profile relief with its powerful hooked beak, detailed plumage, and piercing gaze from its eye.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.