The Gold American Eagles soared into a new generation in 2021 with the release of a new reverse design, the first-ever overhaul of the series. However, before that could take place, the US Mint issued the Gold Eagles with the new design, the first half of 2021 saw the final issue of Gold American Eagles with the original design elements. Right now, 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagle Type 1s in perfect condition from the Last Day of Production are available to purchase online from Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th anniversary in the Gold American Eagle Series!
- Each coin was struck on the final day of production at the US Mint for 2021 Type 1 coins!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse side is a family of bald eagles.
Each 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagle Type 1 Coin is available to you in perfect condition according to the PCGS. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification exhibit full, original mint luster and have no detracting flaws of any kind. The Last Day of Production label means the coins are guaranteed to have been struck at the US Mint on the final day of its Type 1 coin production in 2021.
From 1986 to mid-2021, the Gold American Eagle was produced by the US Mint with the same designs on the obverse and reverse fields. Those designs were the face of the series until the introduction of the new reverse design. While the reverse design was changed in 2021 with the Gold Eagle Type 2 release, the obverse design was not changed.
The obverse of 2021 Gold American Eagle Coins features an image of Liberty. This design was created for the US Mint in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and was among the first full-length figures of Liberty to grace American coinage. It shows Liberty in front-facing relief with sun rays in the background and a ring of 50 stars around the element.
On the reverse side of 2021 1 oz Gold Eagle Type 1 Coins is the original design from Miley Busiek. In its final appearance, the series offers the image of a nest with a female bald eagle and hatchling as a male eagle flies overhead.
If you have questions, Silver.com has answers. Our team is here to assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.