The Gold Kangaroo is Australia’s longest-running bullion coin program. Introduced with the 1987 date mark as the Gold Nugget, the series predates by the Silver Kookaburra by four years. With new reverse designs of the kangaroo featuring on the coins as of 1990, the Gold Kangaroo is a coveted issue from Perth Mint. Right now, 2021 1 oz Gold Australian Kangaroos in MintID packaging are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in MintID CertiCards!
- Includes AES-128 bit encryption in the NFC microchip!
- 35th year of availability for the Gold Australian Kangaroos!
- Mintage is unlimited for the 2021 Gold Kangaroo!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $100 (AUD) backed by the federal government.
- Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- A kangaroo crouches down in the bushes in the Outback on the reverse.
- Artwork from Natasha Muhl.
- Please keep in mind you’ll need iOS 13.0 or later or Android 4.2 or later to use the MintID app.
Each 2021 1 oz Gold Australian Kangaroo available here comes with a sealed CertiCard from MintID. The capsule card houses the coin safely at the center with a secured, encrypted NFC microchip on the reverse of the card. This microchip links directly to an individual profile for the coin that is stored in the cloud. With the MintID app on your smartphone, you can turn on the NFC function on your phone, launch the app, and quickly scan the NFC microchip in the MintID CertiCard. Please be sure your smartphone is running iOS 13.0 or later or Android 4.2 or later to adequately work with the MintID app.
Gold Australian Kangaroos have a new reverse design each year. The series launched in 1986, with 1987 date marks, featuring different images of actual gold nuggets discovered in Australia. The series continued with this approach through 1989, eventually switching to the native marsupial in 1990.
Queen Elizabeth II is found on the obverse side of 2021 Gold Australian Kangaroos. This is the sixth-generation effigy to feature on Australian coins and the first image of the Queen to include her shoulders in an Australian portrait since 1966. This portrait was created for the Royal Mint of England in 2015 and was designed by Jody Clark.
A kangaroo is depicted in the reverse of 2021 1 oz Gold Kangaroos. The design found here comes from Natasha Muhl and showcases a large, adult kangaroo crouched down near some shrubs in the Australian Outback.
If you have any questions about these gold coins for sale, JM Bullion will be happy to help. Our team is available on the phone at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and using our email address.