The United States Mint marked the 35th anniversary of the Silver American Eagle in 2021 with the release of a new design element on the reverse of the coins in the series. This new reverse was issued on BU, Proof, and Burnished coins, but only the BU and Proof coins came with the original reverse design on Type 1 coins. Today, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Sets in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Available to ship to you inside NGC two-coin plastic slabs!
- Comes with an Eagle label!
- 35th anniversary in the 1 oz Silver American Eagle Series!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- The individual face values of $1 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a depiction of Walking Liberty.
- The reverse of the coins includes the heraldic eagle on the Type 1 and the new soaring bald eagle on the Type 2.
- Set comes with both 2021 Silver Eagle coins.
In 2021, the United States Mint marked the 35th anniversary of the Silver American Eagle with a split release of BU and Proof coins. To mark the transition year to a new design, the mint issued Type 1 coins with the original heraldic eagle design for the reverse. In July, the design was retired and the new image of a soaring bald eagle, as created by Emily Damstra, was introduced with the Type 2 coins.
All 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Sets available here come to you with two coins housed together in a single, two-coin slab. These coins are Mint State 70 specimens, indicating that each one has full, original mint luster with no detractions present.
On the obverse side of 2021 Silver American Eagles in this set, you will find an effigy of Walking Liberty. This depiction was created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman and features the image of Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon with her right hand extended, her left carrying branches of oak and laurel, and the American flag draped around her figure.
The reverse of the 2021 1 oz Silver Eagles in this 2-Coin Set offers the only two images ever used in this series. The Type 1 coin features John Mercanti’s depiction of the heraldic eagle of the United States, while the Type 2 coin features the all-new soaring American bald eagle created by Emily Damstra.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.