For the 35th anniversary of the Silver Eagles, the United States Mint offers the first refresh of one of the design elements on the coin. While the 2021 schedule started with the original design combinations, the Type 2 release delivers the anticipated new design from Emily Damstra. In an impressive offering, you can now get both Type 1 and Type 2 coins with certification in a single slab. Now, near-perfect 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Two-Coin Sets are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins ship to you inside two-coin PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary coin in the Silver American Eagle Series!
- Comes with the Type 1 and Type 2 coins!
- Availability of certified near-perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- Issued individual face values of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears Grades of Mint State 69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Unique Eagle label in the slab.
- The obverse features the Walking Liberty design.
- On the reverse is the heraldic eagle for the Type 1 and the soaring eagle for the Type 2.
- Type 2 coins feature a new anti-counterfeiting measure with reeded edge variations.
- Adolph A. Weinman’s “AW” signature mark now features on the obverse.
The release of a new design element on the reverse of the 2021 Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins marks the first refresh in the history of the Silver Eagle Series. This design comes from Emily Damstra, a member of the United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program. Her design was chosen from more than 30 other submissions to be the new face of the Silver Eagles.
Ms. Damstra has previously worked with both the Royal Canadian Mint and the United States Mint in coin designs. She created wildlife-themed imagery for the Canadian Wildlife and Birds of Prey Series for the RCM. As a member of the US Mint’s Artistic Infusion Program, she has created two designs for the America the Beautiful Series.
The obverse of the 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagles features the Walking Liberty design. It depicts Liberty in left-profile relief walking toward the sun on the horizon. While both coins have this design, only the Type 2 coin has the original “AW” signature mark from Weinman. This was added to Type 2 coins to bring the designs closer to Weinman’s original 1916 designs.
On the reverse of 2021 Silver American Eagle Coins is the American bald eagle. The Type 1 coin has the heraldic eagle design, while the Type 2 coin has the new soaring eagle with the bird clutching an oak branch in its talons.
These 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Two-Coin Sets are available with Mint State 69 grades from the PCGS. Coins in this condition showcase full, original mint luster and bear no more than two minor flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin. The slab holds the coins with the Type 1 and Type 2 reverse fields facing out on the side with the unique Eagle label.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. Alternatively, you can chat with us live online or email us directly.