There is no release in the history of the Silver American Eagle Series as significant as the 2021 collection. The world’s most popular silver coin received a facelift for the first time in its history, swapping out John Mercanti’s 1986 Heraldic Eagle design for an all-new American bald eagle design from Emily Damstra. There is now an opportunity to own both coins in perfect condition in a singular slab. Today, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Sets in perfect condition boasting Type 1 and Type 2 designs are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside a two-coin protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- Custom American bald eagle label!
- 35th-anniversary year of issue for the Silver American Eagles!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- The individual face values of $1 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the Heraldic Eagle of the United States on the Type 1 coin and the new American bald eagle image on the Type 2 coin.
- Set comes with a 2021-dated Type 1 and Type 2 coin!
The new 2021 Silver Eagle Type 2 coin was designed by Emily Damstra. A member of the US Mint Artistic Infusion Program, Ms. Damstra has previously completed two designs for the US Mint and its America the Beautiful Series, as well as several wildlife-themed collections from the Royal Canadian Mint. Her design replaces the 1986 depiction of the Heraldic Eagle completed by John Mercanti, the former 12th Chief Engraver of the United States Mint.
All of the 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Two-Coin Sets available here offer the Type 1 and Type 2 designs of the 2021 Silver American Eagle in a singular PCGS slab. The slab includes a special American bald eagle label with the eagle soaring across the two labels in the slab. Graded Mint State 70, these coins have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind. Within the slab, the two reverse fields are arranged to showcase on the same side along with the Eagle Label.
On the obverse of 2021 Silver American Eagles is the effigy of Walking Liberty. Adolph A. Weinman designed this image in 1916 for the half dollar. It depicts Liberty in left-profile relief walking toward the sun. On the Type 2 issue, you will find Adolph A. Weinman’s original signature mark with his “AW” initials. This brings the modern coin’s design closer to the original work from Weinman.
The reverse of the 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle Coins features the American bald eagle in two different images. The Type 1 coin features John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle from 1986, while the Type 2 coin comes with a bald eagle in flight. The bird flexes its powerful wings as it clutches an oak branch. The new Type 2 coins have an anti-counterfeiting measure included in the form of a variation in the reeded edge of the coins.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.