Customers Note: This is a presale item and is not expected to ship until around July 22nd, 2021. EVERY order containing this item will be held from shipping until that date. Please note that this date is a rough estimate and solely depends on the mint meeting their production schedule.
There are many forms of the Silver American Eagle available to investors and collectors each year. From the BU coins to the Proof and Burnished coins, there is something for everyone. In each of these versions, you will also find certified coins that appeal to another niche of investors and collectors. Right now, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- Type 2 design now features on the reverse!
- 35th anniversary Silver American Eagle issue!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Features an Early Release label.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the image of an American bald eagle with an oak branch.
- Anti-counterfeiting reeded edge has a variation element.
- “AW” initials of Adolph A. Weinman now feature on the obverse.
Each 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 available at Silver.com in this listing comes with a near-perfect certification and an Early Release label. The former refers to the Mint State 69 grade, indicating the coins exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor flaws present. Acceptable flaws at this grade include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and these flaws must be outside the primary focal points. The latter label indicates the NGC received each coin inside of 30 days following the original release.
The new Type 2 design on the reverse of the Silver Eagles comes from Emily Damstra. A member of the US Mint Artistic Infusion Program, Ms. Damstra has previously completed a wide range of wildlife designs for both the Royal Canadian Mint and the United States Mint.
The obverse side of 2021 Silver American Eagles Type 2 depicts Walking Liberty. Captured in left-profile relief, Liberty is shown walking toward the sun as it crests a mountain on the horizon. Her right hand is shown reaching out for the sun as her left hand carries branches of oak and laurel. Her figure is draped in the American flag.
On the reverse field of 2021 1 oz Silver Eagles Type 2 is the new design of the bald eagle from Ms. Damstra. The image shows a bald eagle as it swoops down into view on the coin. Its wings are swept up behind its frame and its talons are clutching a large oak branch.
If you have any questions, Silver.com is here to help. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or send us an email with your inquiries.