The release of 2021 Type 2 Silver Eagles by the United States Mint marks the start of a new era for the program. Since 1986, Walking Liberty on the obverse has been partnered with the Heraldic Eagle on the reverse. With the release of Type 2 varieties in 2021, the new American Bald Eagle reverse from Emily Damstra makes its debut in the series. Today, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship in an NGC protective plastic slab!
- Type 2 image now on the reverse!
- 35th-anniversary strike of Silver American Eagles!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue specimen.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the new bald eagle design.
- Anti-counterfeiting edge features a reeded variation.
- Obverse enhanced with Weinman’s original “AW” signature mark.
Silver American Eagles have featured the same designs with no changes since 1986. In late 2019, the US Mint announced that it was considering a reverse design change for the 35th anniversary of the series in 2021. After a rigorous artistic competition and the consideration of more than 30 different designs for the reverse, an image of the American bald eagle from Emily Damstra was chosen to grace the coins going forward.
All of these 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 coins are available to purchase in near-perfect condition. Coins in Mint State 69 condition have full, original mint luster with no more than two minor detractions. Examples of these flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines. To qualify, the flaws must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin. In addition, these coins are First Day of Issue specimens that were received by the US Mint with 24 hours of the first release date at the US Mint.
On the obverse of 2021 Silver American Eagle Type 2 coins is Walking Liberty. Designed by Adolph A. Weinman, the image features Liberty in left-profile relief walking toward the sun as she reaches out with her right hand. Her left hand carries a cluster of oak and laurel branches while the American flag is draped around her figure. You’ll notice Weinman’s “AW” initials as his signature mark, an addition to Type 2 coins that brings the image closer to his original 1916 design.
The reverse side of 2021 Silver American Eagles features the new Type 2 design. This work of art from Emily Damstra shows the bald eagle soaring into view with its wings lifted up behind its back as its talons clutch an oak branch.
Please contact Silver.com with questions. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.