After 35 years with the same design elements on the obverse and reverse, the best-selling silver coin in the world received a partial makeover in 2021. To mark the 35th anniversary of the Silver American Eagle, the US Mint redesigned the reverse field to offer a new vision of the bald eagle for the next 35 years in the series. Today, certified perfect 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- Beautiful Type 2 design debuts on the reverse!
- 35th anniversary in the Silver American Eagle Series!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Features an Early Release label.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features a new bald eagle design with an oak branch.
- Anti-counterfeiting reeded edge has a variation for security.
- Weinman’s signature mark added to the obverse for 2021.
The US Mint announced plans in late 2019 to redesign the obverse of its Silver Eagle and Gold Eagle bullion coins for the 2021 release of 35th-anniversary coins. The planned debut of the redesign was delayed due to the COVID 19 pandemic in 2020 and resulted in Type 1 and Type 2 releases in 2021. The US Mint began coining of 2021-dated coins with the original designs before releasing these Type 2 coins with the new reverse.
All 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagles in this listing were graded Mint State 70 by the NGC. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. The Early Release label included indicates that the NGC received the coins for certification within 30 days of the original release date at the US Mint.
On the obverse of 2021 Silver American Eagles is an effigy of Walking Liberty. Adolph A. Weinman developed this design in 1916 for the US half dollar and it has featured on the Silver Eagle since 1986. This year’s redesign also brings back his signature mark with the “AW” initials to the obverse of the coin, just as his original half-dollar design featured.
The reverse side of the 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle comes with the all-new design from Emily Damstra. The image shows a bald eagle in flight as it clutches a large oak branch in its talons. The oak is a symbol of strength and durability.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.