The Silver American Eagle coin is receiving a new design for the first time in its history in 2021. As part of the 35th-anniversary celebration for the series, a new American bald eagle effigy is coming to the reverse of the coins, and not just for 2021. From 2021 onward, Emily Damstra’s vision of the bald eagle will be the new representation of the national emblem on the reverse of the US Mint’s biggest silver bullion series. Right now, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins in near-perfect condition are available to purchase at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary issue in the 1 oz Silver American Eagle Series!
- All-new Type 2 reverse design!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Features a First Strike label.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is a new image of the bald eagle in flight.
- Anti-counterfeiting reeded edge has a variation element for security.
- Obverse field now includes Adolph A. Weinman’s original “AW” signature mark.
Each 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 listed here has been graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service. Coins in this condition exhibit full, original mint luster and come with no more than two minor detracting flaws. To qualify for this grade, coins must have only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that are located outside the primary focal points of the coin. The included First Strike label denotes a coin received for grading within 30 days of the initial release.
The new Type 2 design on the Silver Eagle comes from Emily Damstra. Currently a member of the United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program, Ms. Damstra has extensive experience creating coin designs for both the Royal Canadian Mint and the United States Mint.
The obverse of 2021 Silver American Eagle Type 2s features the depiction of Walking Liberty. Designed in 1916 for the US half dollar by Adolph A. Weinman, the image is believed to have been inspired by a French coin design known as the sower that showed a female figure in the same pose.
On the reverse side of the 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle Type 2 is the all-new design from Ms. Damstra. This new vision of the bald eagle captures the bird with its wings raised behind its figure as its talons clutch an oak branch.
If you have any questions, Silver.com is here to help. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.