With the release of the Type 2 version of Silver American Eagles, the United States Mint marks a split in 2021 coining between Silver Eagles with the original heraldic eagle on the reverse and those with the new bald eagle design from Emily Damstra. This change is a first in the 35-year history of the coveted silver bullion series. Today, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th anniversary for the Silver American Eagles!
- Debut of the new reverse bald eagle image!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue labels.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the new soaring bald eagle.
- Reeded edge variation added as an anti-counterfeiting measure.
- “AW” initials form the signature mark of Adolph A. Weinman on the obverse.
The United States Mint accepted a total of some 35 different possible designs for the new reverse of the Silver American Eagle. After consideration by the US Mint and citizen-led coinage committees, Emily Damstra’s design was chosen as the new reverse face of the Silver Eagle Series.
All of these 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2s are available in perfect condition. According to the PCGS, coins in this condition have full, original mint luster and come with no detracting flaws of any kind. The included First Day of Issue label means the coins were received by the PCGS within the first 24 hours following the US Mint’s release of the new Type 2 coins.
On the obverse of 2021 Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins is Walking Liberty. The design captures Liberty in left-profile relief as she strides toward the sun on the horizon, indicative of America’s quest for a brighter future. The Type 2 release introduces Weinman’s “AW” initials from his signature mark for the first time in an effort to bring the modern design closer to his original 1916 work.
The reverse side of the 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins comes with a depiction of the soaring bald eagle. In this new design, the bald eagle descends into view with its wings lifted back behind its frame as its powerful talons clutch an oak branch.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can reach our customer service team on the phone at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and using our email address.