Customers Note: This is a presale item and is not expected to ship until around July 22nd, 2021. EVERY order containing this item will be held from shipping until that date. Please note that this date is a rough estimate and solely depends on the mint meeting their production schedule.
Over the course of 35 years and hundreds of millions of coins sold, the US Mint has enjoyed sustained interest in its Silver American Eagle bullion coins without changing the design elements on the obverse or reverse fields. To mark the 35th anniversary of the series in 2021, the US Mint is ready to release a new design on the reverse field to guide the collection into a new era. Now, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins in perfect condition are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you in protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- 35th anniversary of 1 oz Silver American Eagles!
- Type 2 design debuts on the reverse field!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new American bald eagle effigy.
- Reeded edge offers a variation element for anti-counterfeiting security.
- “AW” signature mark from Adolph A. Weinman now features on the obverse field.
Back in late 2019, the United States Mint announced plans to seek out a new design for the reverse side of its Silver Eagle and Gold Eagle coins for the upcoming 2021 date mark. This date marks the 35th anniversary of the series and was deemed an appropriate point at which to modify the appearance of the series.
The US Mint will continue on with the historic images of Lady Liberty on its Silver Eagle and Gold Eagle programs. This includes, respectively, the 1916 Half Dollar design of Walking Liberty on the obverse of the Silver Eagle and the 1907 Double Eagle design of Lady Liberty in front-facing relief on the gold Eagle.
The obverse of 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins comes with an image of Walking Liberty. Weinman created this image in 1916 to showcase America’s desire for brighter, peaceful days ahead as World War I raged on the European continent across the Atlantic. The obverse design field now includes Weinman’s signature mark of his “AW” initials, just as found on the original 1916 design.
On the reverse field of 2021 Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins is a depiction of the bald eagle in flight. Replacing the design of the heraldic eagle, this new artwork from Emily Damstra shows the eagle soaring into view with a large oak branch in its talons.
These 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are offered in perfect condition with a First Strike label. Mint State 70 coins showcase full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. First Strike coins are those received for grading within 30 days of release by the US Mint.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. Additionally, you can contact us online through our live chat and email address features.