In 2021, the United States Mint celebrated the 35th anniversary of the Silver Eagle with the debut of a new reverse design. The overhauled image did not appear immediately with 2021-dated releases from the mint, but was instead issued starting in July 2021. This means the production cycle for the year started with 2021 Silver Eagles bearing the original reverse design. Today, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 1 Coins in perfect condition from the Last Day of Production are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary issue of Silver American Eagles!
- These coins were among the last struck in the Type 1 format in 2021 during the final day of production!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- On the obverse is a depiction of Walking Liberty.
- The reverse side depicts the heraldic eagle of the United States.
The coins in this listing represent some of the last 2021 Silver American Eagles struck in 2021 with the original heraldic eagle design created in 1986 by John Mercanti. As part of the 35th anniversary for the series, the US Mint unveiled a new reverse design for the Silver Eagles, but did not do so until after a pause in production to replace existing dies in its coining presses. From January to June 2021, the US Mint issued 2021 Silver Eagles with the original reverse design.
All of the 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 1 Coins in this listing come to you in perfect condition from the PCGS. The PCGS assigned Mint State 70 grades to these coins as each one has full, original mint luster with no detractions present. The Last Day of Production label means that each of these coins was struck at the US Mint on its final day of production for Type 1 2021 Silver Eagles.
On the obverse of 2021 Silver American Eagle Coins is the image of Walking Liberty. First used on the half dollar from 1916 to 1947, this design shows Liberty in left-profile relief as her full-length figure walks toward the sun on the horizon. She is draped in the American flag as her right hand reaches for the warmth of the sun and her left hand carries branches of oak and laurel.
The reverse field of the 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle Type 1 Coin comes with the original heraldic eagle design. Created by John Mercanti in 1986, this visual shows the bald eagle in front-facing relief with the US national shield, the arrows of war, the olive branch of peace, and a cluster of 13 stars.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions you have about these coins. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and using our email address.