COVID-19, or the coronavirus, swept the world starting in late 2019. One year later, in late 2020, the world fought back with drug companies around the world competing to create vaccines that would offer a measure of protection against the respiratory virus. The collectible coin industry has a new coin available with a unique 3D shape replicating the appearance of a vial of the COVID-19 vaccine. Now, 2021 60 Gram Silver Plated Fiji COVID-19 Vaccine Shaped Coins are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
- Coin ships to you inside a presentation box with an included Certificate of Authenticity booklet!
- Distinctive vial-shaped legal tender coin!
- Mintage limited to 100,000 coins only!
- Consists of 60 Grams, or 1.929 Troy ounces, of base metal with an outer silver plating.
- Issued a face value of $1 (FJD) by the Reserve Bank of Fiji.
- The top of the vial features planet Earth and the Rod of Asclepius.
- On the bottom of the vial is the national coat of arms of Fiji.
- Around the vial are inscriptions identifying the virus and the vaccine.
- Please bear in mind these coins are made from base metals, including copper and zinc, with a thin plating of silver around the exterior.
From strict lockdowns and virtual schooling to restricted social gatherings and closed businesses, the COVID-19 pandemic has been a miserable experience for the world. From a small part of Wuhan, China, the COVID-19 virus took off and managed to reach every corner of the globe to some degree.
Within a year, a sign of hope arose in the form of vaccines designed to provide a measure of protection against being infected by the virus. In honor of this development, a 3D vial-shaped coin is available from the nation of Fiji that marks the development and deployment of these vaccines.
There are three phases of the design to 2021 60 Gram Silver Plated Fiji COVID-19 Vaccine Shaped Coins. The vial shape of the coin leaves little in the way of flat surfaces to use for design strikes, though the top and bottom do feature small fields for designing. The top comes with a depiction of planet Earth and the Rod of Asclepius, a well-known symbol of the medical field. On the bottom of the coin is the national coat of arms for Fiji.
Around the sides of the coin, you will find engravings identifying the virus. These inscriptions include COVID-19 and CORONAVIRUS, along with a simple inscription of VACCINE as a nod to the shape and inspiration of the coin.
These 2021 60 Gram Silver Plated Fiji COVID-19 Vaccine Shaped Coins are available to purchase with white presentation boxes. These boxes have the Fijian coat of arms on the exterior, with a specially designed slot for the coin inside and an included Certificate of Authenticity. The COA takes the form of a so-called vaccine passport.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available online through our live chat and email address features.