When the United States Mint introduced the Silver Morgan Dollars again in 1921, two of the four original mints that had previously issued the coins were closed and the US Mint turned to one of its newest branch mints: the Denver Mint. Now, 2021-D Silver Morgan Dollar Coins are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Coins ship to you inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- Centennial release of the Silver Morgan Dollar designs!
- Celebrates the Denver Mint’s issue of 1921 Silver Morgans!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .858 Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue designations.
- The obverse comes with a portrait of Liberty.
- On the reverse side of the coin is the heraldic eagle.
- Comes with a D mint mark from the Denver Mint.
In 1878, the United States Mint resumed silver dollar coining after a five-year hiatus. Replacing the Seated Liberty design was the so-called Morgan Dollar design. Created by George T. Morgan, the new image of Lady Liberty and the heraldic eagle would go on to feature on US silver dollars for a total of 28 years.
From 1878 to 1904, the US Mint issued the Morgan Dollars annually. The Philadelphia Mint and San Francisco Mint issued the coins every year during this period. The New Orleans Mint issued the coins from 1879 to 1904, and the Carson City Mint issued the coins from 1878 to 1885 and 1889 to 1893. When the Morgan went back into production in 1921, both the New Orleans Mint and Carson City Mint were permanently closed. The Denver Mint, opened as a branch mint in 1906, stepped up to produce more than 20 million coins in 1921.
The obverse side of 2021-D Silver Morgan Dollars features an effigy of Lady Liberty. This left-profile relief shows Liberty with a Phrygian cap, coronet crown, and a laurel wreath on her head. The field has 13 stars, with seven to the front of Liberty’s face and six behind her head.
On the reverse face of 2021-D Silver Morgan Dollars is an image of the heraldic eagle of the United States. The design shows the bald eagle in front-facing relief with its wings spread wide as its talons clutch the arrows of war and the olive branch of peace.
These 2021-D Silver Morgan Dollars are available to purchase in plastic slabs with an MS70 grade. Mint State 70 coins are perfect specimens that showcase full, original mint luster and no flaws. First Day of Issue coins are specimens received by the PCGS for grading within 24 hours of release from the mint.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. Additionally, you can chat with us live online or email us directly.