The silver coins for sale from the United States Mint in 2021 included a very special centennial release. The 2021 date mark honors the centennial of the final Silver Morgan Dollar release back in 1921. The US Mint issued five versions of a silver bullion Morgan Dollar in 2021, one to honor each mint that historically issued the coins. Today, 2021 O Privy Silver Morgan Dollars are available to you online from Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you in NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Centennial release of the Silver Morgan Dollar images!
- Includes a celebratory O privy mark for the New Orleans Mint!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .858 Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue designation.
- On the obverse is a bust of Liberty.
- The reverse features a version of the heraldic eagle.
- Based on the original George T. Morgan designs.
Silver Morgan Dollars were issued from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921, the latter representing the last issue of the Morgan Dollar design before the debut of the Peace Dollar that same year. From 1879 to 1904, the New Orleans Mint was one of four active branch mints of the US Mint to produce Silver Morgan Dollars. The New Orleans Mint did not issue coins in 1878 because it had not yet reopened following the US Civil War, and did not issue 1921 coins because it closed in 1909.
All of these 2021 O Privy Silver Morgan Dollars are available in perfect condition with an NGC plastic slab. The Mint State 70 certification is for coins with full, original mint luster and no detractions. The First Day of Issue designation means the NGC received these coins from the US Mint for certification within 24 hours of release.
On the obverse side of 2021 Silver Morgan Dollars is an image of Lady Liberty. This portrait of Liberty in left-profile relief was created in 1878 by George T. Morgan. It shows Liberty wearing both a laurel wreath and a coronet crown with 13 stars around the rim of the field.
The reverse field of the 2021 O Privy Silver Morgan Dollars comes with Morgan’s version of the heraldic eagle of the United States. It shows a bald eagle with its wings spread and its talons clutching the olive branch of peace and the arrows of war. This field of the coin features a special O privy mark. The Philadelphia Mint issued the coins with this O privy mark to honor the New Orleans Mint.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.