From 1879 to 1904, the New Orleans Mint issued Silver Morgan Dollars for the United States Mint. One of the four branch mints of the US Mint in the 19th century, the New Orleans Mint was opened in 1838, closed during the Civil War and Reconstruction, and then reopened from 1879 to 1909. The southernmost branch mint of the US Mint, the New Orleans Mint issued millions of Silver Morgans during its production history. Now, certified-perfect 2021 O Privy Silver Morgan Dollars are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- Centennial release of Silver Morgan Dollar designs!
- Commemorative O privy mark honors the New Orleans Mint!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .858 Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- Obverse features Liberty.
- Reverse depicts the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Honors the original designs from George T. Morgan.
In 1835, the United States Mint and US Congress determined that the US Mint needed to expand its coining capacity beyond the Philadelphia Mint, its only location at the time. The Charlotte Mint was opened in North Carolina to take advantage of local gold deposits and was used to exclusively produce American gold coins. The Dahlonega Mint was opened in George for similar purposes.
The final of these three branch mints to open was the New Orleans Mint in Louisiana. New Orleans would operate from 1838 to 1861 and the outset of the US Civil War. It was taken over by the Confederacy and ceased to operate throughout the Civil War and during Reconstruction. When it resumed coining in 1879, it became a major supplier of Silver Morgan Dollars and would continue to do so until 1904 when the series ended.
Obverse designs on 2021 O Privy Silver Morgan Dollars is an effigy of Lady Liberty. This depiction of Liberty was created in 1878 by George T. Morgan and shows Liberty in left-profile relief.
Reverse visuals on 2021 O Privy Silver Morgan Dollar Coins include the heraldic eagle of the United States. The image shows an American bald eagle clutching the arrows of war and the olive branch of peace.
These 2021 O Privy Silver Morgan Dollar Coins are available to you in PCGS protective slabs and have Mint State 70 certifications. Coins in this condition showcase full, original mint luster and have no detractions. First Strike coins are those received for grading within 30 days of release from the mint.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online through our live chat and email address features.