The 2021 Silver Eagles from the United States Mint went into production in late 2020 with the original design combinations on the obverse and reverse. Though the US Mint eventually replaced the heraldic eagle reverse, the early 2021 coins were issued with the original design. Among the coins issued were emergency releases from the Philadelphia Mint. Today, near-perfect 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary release of the Silver American Eagles!
- Type 1 design combinations!
- Announced mintage of roughly 13 million coins!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse includes the heraldic eagle.
- Emergency strikes from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please keep in mind you could get coins with matching labels when buying several.
The United States Mint struck around 13 million coins in 2021 with the original design combinations of Walking Liberty and the Heraldic Eagle. By early summer, the US Mint halted production of 2021 Silver Eagles to begin switching out dies in its coining presses in order to start the coining process for its 2021 Type 2 coins with the new reverse image of a bald eagle.
All of these 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagles are in near-perfect condition. Coins with a Mint State 69 certification have full, original mint luster and no more than two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws at this grade include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin.
Please bear in mind that Silver.com chooses your coins at random in this listing. We only guarantee you will receive a 2021 Silver Eagle in near-perfect condition that was issued during the Philadelphia Mint’s emergency strike. The grading house label and additional labels could match if you buy more than one.
On the obverse of 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver Eagles is the image of Walking Liberty. Designed by Adolph A. Weinman, it featured on the US half dollar from 1916 to 1947. The reverse side depicts the heraldic eagle of the United States. On the coins for the final time, the heraldic eagle shown here was modernized in 1986 by John Mercanti. Though these coins are Philadelphia Mint strikes, there are no mint marks on the coin.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.