The Silver American Eagles issued in 2021 came in more than just several different versions, it came with more than one design combination. The anticipated refresh of the reverse design didn’t debut until midyear, meaning the early 2021 Silver Eagles were released with the original reverse design element. Now, 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagles are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Coins ship to you in NGC or PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary year of issue for the Silver American Eagles!
- Last issue of the heraldic eagle reverse!
- Announced mintage of only 13 million coins!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the heraldic eagle.
- Emergency releases from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please remember it is possible to receive coins with the same labels when you buy more than one.
The United States Mint had announced plans in late 2019 to refresh the visual elements of the Silver American Eagle and Gold American Eagle. It was decided that each coin would get a new reverse image of the bald eagle. However, the intense demand for gold and silver throughout 2020 and into 2021, along with delays associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, shifted the US Mint’s timeline on the redesign.
When the 2021 production cycle began for Silver Eagles, the US Mint struck the coins with the original heraldic eagle on the reverse side. As a result, the 2021 Silver Eagle comes in Type 1 and Type 2 releases, with the former consisting of Walking Liberty and the Heraldic Eagle, while the latter has Walking Liberty and the new bald eagle reverse.
The obverse of these 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagles features Walking Liberty. This left-profile image of her figure was created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman and used on the US half dollar from 1916 to 1947.
On the reverse of 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver Eagles is the heraldic eagle. Designed by John Mercanti in 1986, this is the final time the design features on these coins. It depicts the bald eagle in front-facing relief as it supports the US national shield.
These 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagles are perfect specimens. Mint State 70 coins showcase full, original mint luster and come with no detracting flaws. Silver.com offers these coins to you at random. We select coins to fulfill your order after your payment clears. All coins will have an MS70 grade, but any additional labels will be determined at random based on availability. If you buy multiples, please remember you could get matching labels.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available online through our live chat and email address features.