Silver Eagles are offered by the United States Mint every year in the Brilliant Uncirculated version. While the proof and burnished coins have been canceled a total of three times between the two versions, the BU Silver Eagle is mandated to be struck every year to ensure there are enough coins to meet the demand of investors. Right now, 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagles in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in an NGC protective plastic slab!
- 35th anniversary in the 1 oz Silver American Eagle Series!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Total mintage of 495,500 coins only from Philadelphia!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release designation.
- Various labels.
- The obverse field features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse side is the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Emergency coin release from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagle listed here earned a Mint State 70 certification from the NGC. Coins in this condition exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws present on the designs or fields. The Early Release designation is for coins that were received by the NGC within the first 30 days after release by the US Mint.
With the COVID-19 pandemic creating a challenge for staffing at the West Point Mint as demand for BU Silver Eagles was surging in early 2020, the US Mint was forced to press the Philadelphia Mint into the production of BU Silver Eagles. This emergency coining release has continued into 2021 as the US Mint continues to deal with staffing issues and demand for its most popular coin.
The obverse field of 2021 (P) Silver Eagles features the Walking Liberty image. Walking Liberty is shown in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun reaching out with her right hand and carrying the branches of oak and laurel in her left hand. The American flag is draped around her figure.
On the reverse side of 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagles is the heraldic eagle. The official emblem of the United States, the heraldic eagle features a bald eagle with its wings spread wide as it supports the US national shield. The eagle is also clutching the arrows of war and the olive branch of peace in its talons.
The 2021 Silver Eagles from the United States Mint will be issued in two versions. The first half of the year will feature 2021-dated coins with the original design combinations. Following a coining changeover at the West Point Mint in the summer, 2021-dated coins issued from mid-2021 onward will feature the new reverse image of a bald eagle.
If you have any questions, Silver.com is here to help. Call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.