Silver Eagles from the United States Mint debuted in 1986 and celebrated a monumental landmark in 2021. This date mark is the 35th anniversary of the series and represents the first time in the history of the collection that a new design element was introduced in the collection. Before the new bald eagle design debuted on the reverse of the coins, the US Mint issued 2021-dated coins from January to July with the original heraldic eagle. Right now, 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 1 Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you in protective plastic slabs courtesy of the NGC!
- 35th-anniversary release of the Silver American Eagles!
- Emergency strikes from the Philadelphia Mint!
- Final issue of the heraldic eagle reverse design!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse field includes a depiction of Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the coin is the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Though struck by the Philadelphia Mint, these coins come with no mint marks.
Each 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 1 Coin in this listing comes to you in perfect condition as graded by the NGC. Coins in Mint State 70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and bear no detracting flaws of any kind.
The Silver American Eagle debuted in 1986 with a reverse design from John Mercanti. At the time, Mr. Mercanti was an Assistant Engraver working at the Philadelphia Mint. Before his career at the mint concluded in 2010, Mr. Mercanti would rise to the position of Chief Engraver of the United States Mint. His design makes its final bow in the series in 2021.
For the obverse of 2021 (P) Silver American Eagle Type 1 Coin, you will find the image of Walking Liberty. This effigy shows Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon. She is extending her right arm toward the sun as she carries the branches of oak and laurel in her left arm. The design element features an American flag draped around her figure.
On the reverse side of 2021 (P) 1 oz Silver Eagle Type 1 Coins is the final release of the heraldic eagle of the United States. Modified for this series in 1986 by John Mercanti, the image of the eagle is set in front-facing relief with the US national shield on its chest, an olive branch in one talon, the arrows of war in the other, and a cluster of 13 stars overhead.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is here to help. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.