In honor of the 100th anniversary of the final Silver Morgan Dollar issue, the United States Mint is celebrating with five silver coins for sale honoring George T. Morgan’s coveted, collectible design. Today, 2021 (P) CC Privy Mark Silver Morgan Dollars are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in black presentation boxes with a Certificate of Authenticity included!
- Coin comes with a capsule!
- 100th-anniversary issue of the Silver Morgan Dollar imagery!
- Mintage limited to 175,000 coins only across the series!
- Consists of .858 Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is an effigy of Liberty.
- The reverse features the heraldic eagle.
- Inspired by George T. Morgan’s original design.
- Issued by the Philadelphia Mint with a symbolic “CC” mint mark honoring the Carson City Mint.
Silver Morgan Dollars debuted at the US Mint in 1878 with three mints striking the coins for circulation. These included the Philadelphia Mint with no mint marks present, the Carson City Mint with “CC” mint marks present, and the San Francisco Mint with “S” mint marks present. Coins issued by the Carson City Mint not only had the lowest annual production volumes, but also one of the shortest runs. Carson City struck Silver Morgans from 1878 to 1885 and again from 1889 to 1893 when the Carson City Mint closed.
All of the 2021 (P) CC Privy Silver Morgan Dollars available here come with black presentation boxes and a Certificate of Authenticity from the United States Mint. The coins are encapsulated within the box for added protection. These coins are one of five commemorative issues and feature a “CC” privy mark on the reverse field and are struck at the Philadelphia Mint.
On the obverse of 2021 CC Privy Silver Morgan Dollars is a portrait of Lady Liberty. George T. Morgan sat with Anna Willess Williams, a prominent teacher and author in 19th-century America, to create this left-profile effigy of Liberty. Her figure is surrounded by 13 stars, a date mark, and the phrase “E Pluribus Unum.”
The reverse side of the 2021 (P) CC Privy Silver Morgan Dollar comes with a 19th-century iteration of the heraldic eagle of the United States. Morgan’s depiction of the heraldic eagle was a lone example of the national emblem on coins of the era to lack the US national shield. The bald eagle clutches the olive branch of peace and arrows of war in its talons.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.