In 1904, the United States Mint finally completed striking the silver it purchased in the Sherman Silver Purchase Act of 1890 into silver dollars and ceased production on the Silver Morgan Dollar. The Pittman Act of 1918 authorized the resumption of silver coining in the United States. In 1921, silver dollars returned to production with the historic Silver Morgan Dollar design returning. However, the American public wanted a new design reflective of the peace enjoyed after the end of World War I. The answer arrived in late 1921 with the new Silver Peace Dollar imagery. Today, 2021 (P) Silver Peace Dollar Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in a US Mint black box with a Certificate of Authenticity included!
- Capsules house the coins in the box!
- Celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Silver Peace Dollar’s debut!
- Mintage limited to 200,000 coins only!
- Consists of .858 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is a left-profile effigy of Liberty.
- The reverse depicts a peaceful bald eagle on its perch.
- Inspired by Anthony de Francisci’s original artwork.
- Issued by the Philadelphia Mint.
When new silver dollars were announced to the American public, it was hoped that a design would be created to replace the Silver Morgan Dollar. The latter had already been struck by the US Mint for more than 25 years, allowing the mint to replace the design if it saw fit. Though Congress did not act to push a new design on the US Mint, the mint reacted to the public’s desire and commissioned a new design. By December 1921, new dies were ready and the first Silver Peace Dollars were struck by the Philadelphia Mint.
All of these 2021 (P) Silver Peace Dollars are available to purchase in capsules with a US Mint black presentation box. The coins come with a Certificate of Authenticity and replicate the designs Anthony de Francisci created in 1921. The Philadelphia Mint issued these coins for the 2021 commemorative release, but did not strike mint marks on the specimens.
On the obverse of 2021 (P) Silver Peace Dollar Coins is the new effigy of Lady Liberty created for this series. It depicts Liberty with a new crown on her head, one reflective of towering rays of sunshine.
The reverse side of the 2021 (P) Silver Peace Dollar features the peaceful American bald eagle. Reflecting on the nation’s peace after World War I, the eagle is perched on a rock as the sun rises in the distance and the bird clutches an olive branch in its talons.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team is available to assist you at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.