The release of Silver American Eagles in 2021 brought about the end of the original reverse design and the introduction of a brand-new reverse design. This transitional year saw the mint issue Type 1 coins with the old design, followed by Type 2 coins with the new design. In a special 2-Coin Designer Set, reverse-proof versions of the coins were issued together. Now, 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets in perfect condition are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins ship to you inside separate protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- 35th anniversary for the Silver American Eagle!
- Reverse-proof visuals!
- Comes with Type 1 and Type 2 coins!
- Original mintage limited to 125,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- Issued individual face values of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears Grades of PF70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release.
- The obverse of each coin features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse of the Type 1 coin is the heraldic eagle; the Type 2 coin features a soaring eagle.
- Includes W mint marks on the Type 1 coins and S mint marks on the Type 2 coins.
With the release of 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets, the United States Mint combined the history of its series with its hopes for the future. This set comes with a 2021-dated coin from the Type 1 release that features the original John Mercanti design on the reverse. There is also a 2021-dated coin with the Type 2 design on the reverse.
That new Type 2 design comes from Emily Damstra. A member of the US Mint Artistic Infusion Program, Ms. Damstra has previously worked with the Royal Canadian Mint on the Canadian Wildlife Series and the Birds of Prey Series.
The obverse of each coin in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set comes with Walking Liberty. Designed in 1916, this image was first used on the Half Dollar coin until 1947. It was designed by Adolph A. Weinman and has featured on the Silver Eagle since 1986.
On the reverse of the coins in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set are two different designs. The Type 1 coin comes with the heraldic eagle design, a front-facing relief of the bald eagle with the US national shield. The Type 2 coin features the new soaring eagle design that shows the eagle in flight with an oak branch.
These 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets earned perfect PF70 grades. Coins in this condition showcase full, original mint luster with no detractions present. The Early Release designation is for coins received within 30 days of release. These reverse proof coins have mirrored designs and frosted backgrounds.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available online using our live chat and email address features.