Celebrating its 35th anniversary, the American Silver Eagle collection is featuring this 2021 set, which includes both Type 1 and Type 2 coins. Both types of coins offer unique reverse designs that celebrate the past and future of this series. Right now, the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set NGC PF70 can be purchased online from Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Both coins arrive packaged together in a protective two-coin slab!
- The 35th-anniversary celebration of the American Silver Eagle coin series!
- Reverse-proof specimens that feature limited availability for both coin types.
- Each coin contains One Troy Ounce of .999 pure silver.
- Both coins bear a face value of One Dollar (USD) and are backed by the United States government.
- Grading of PF70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC).
- On both coins, the obverse design features the image of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse on the Type 1 coin features the heraldic eagle image.
- The reverse on the Type 2 coin features the soaring bald eagle image.
These reverse proof coins have been designed with a frosted background and a mirrored design, which is opposite from what you typically find with proof coins. This 2021-coin set has two different coins with their own unique mirrored images. Both coins have received a grading of PF70 from the NGC, meaning they are both perfect specimens that retain their original, full mint luster and have no flaws.
The Silver Eagle collection has been created and distributed for many years to help represent the patriotism of the United States. This coin collection is a classic series featuring signature designs, making it a special collectible for many. These 2021 releases have been manufactured to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the series, which is quite an impressive milestone.
On the obverse of the two 2021 1 oz Silver Eagles in this Designer Set is the image of Lady Liberty walking towards the sun. She is shown from in left-profile relief as she walks toward the horizon. This obverse design has been featured throughout the history of this coin collection and was actually first designed by Adolph A. Weinman in 1916.
The 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set features two reverse designs. The reverse on the Type 1 coin shows the original heraldic eagle image designed by John Mercanti, as well as a “W” mint mark. The reverse on the Type 2 coin shows the new soaring eagle image designed by Emily Damstra, as well as an “S” mint mark. Both reverse designs help to celebrate this coin collection’s past and future.
Our team at Silver.com is here if you have any questions about this two-coin release. Please give us a call at 888-989-7223, or contact us directly via email or online live chat.