The release of the Type 2 design for the Silver American Eagle in 2021 was met with intense interest and demand among both investors and collectors of the series. The Type 1 coins with the original heraldic eagle reverse were struck through June 2021, with Type 2 coins going into production in July 2021. The Reverse Proof 2-Coin Designer Set celebrates the past and future of the series with two beautiful coins. Now, certified 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins ship to you inside individual protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary year of availability in the Silver Eagle Series!
- Set comes with a 2021-dated Type 1 coin and Type 2 coin!
- Reverse-proof visuals!
- Original mintage limited to 125,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- Issued individual face values of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears Grades of PR69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike specimens.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse of the Type 1 coin is the heraldic eagle; the reverse of the Type 2 coin features a bald eagle in flight.
- Includes a W mint mark on the Type 1 and an S mint mark on the Type 2.
The coins in the 2021 Silver Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set offer you a final chance to own the coin of the past and the coin of the future in this series. On the reverse of the Type 1 coin, you will find John Mercanti’s vision of one of America’s oldest coin designs. The heraldic eagle was originally created in 1794 and has graced countless American coins in the centuries since.
On the reverse of the Type 2 coin in this set, you will find an all-new design from Emily Damstra. This vision of the bald eagle was created in 2020 and submitted for consideration to the US Mint alongside more than 30 other designs. Ms. Damstra is a member of the US Mint’s Artistic Infusion Program and has not only worked on designs in the America the Beautiful bullion series, but has also worked on major programs at the Royal Canadian Mint.
The obverse of both coins in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set features Walking Liberty. Designed in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, this image originally featured on the US Half Dollar until 1947.
On the reverse of coins in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle Designer Set, you will find the aforementioned heraldic eagle on the Type 1 and bald eagle on the Type 2. Mercanti’s heraldic eagle is a front-facing design with the US national shield included. Damstra’s bald eagle design depicts the bird in flight with an oak branch in its talons.
These 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets come with separate slabs for each coin and PR69 grades. Coins in this condition showcase full, original mint luster with a maximum of two flaws. Acceptable flaws are limited to minuscule contact marks or hairlines located outside the primary fields. First Strike coins are those received for grading within 30 days of original release.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. Alternatively, you can chat with us live online or email us directly.