The Silver American Eagles from the United States Mint are produced annually in three versions. The BU Silver Eagle is ideal for investors, while collectors can choose between the Proof and Burnished Silver Eagles each year. Reverse Proofs are often reserved for celebratory releases of the coin. In 2021, a 2-Coin Designer Set was released to celebrate the transition from the original reverse to the new reverse design on the 35th anniversary of the series. Right now, 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you inside individual PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary release of Silver American Eagles!
- Stunning reverse-proof visuals!
- Offers the Type 1 and Type 2 coins!
- Original mintage limited to 125,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- Bears individual face values of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued Grades of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike specimens.
- Obverse features Walking Liberty.
- Reverse of the Type 1 coin depicts the heraldic eagle; Type 2 coin has the new bald eagle design.
- Comes with a W mint mark on the Type 1 and an S mint mark on the Type 2.
Each 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set available in this listing comes with two coins, each one packaged in its own protective plastic slab. Both coins earned a PR70 grade from the PCGS. Coins in this condition are considered perfect specimens and exhibit full, original mint luster with no detractions. The First Strike designation is for coins received for grading within 30 days of the original release.
The two coins offered in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set are both reverse proofs. Coins with these visuals have mirrored design elements that contrast against frosted background fields.
Obverse designs on the coins in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are the same for the Type 1 and Type 2. Adolph A. Weinman’s 1916 depiction of Walking Liberty is found on both of the coins and features a left-profile image of Liberty walking toward the sun.
Reverse visuals on the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set specimens vary by Type 1 and Type 2. The Type 1 coin has the heraldic eagle design created in 1986 by John Mercanti. The Type 2 coin features the new soaring bald eagle image from Emily Damstra.
If you have any questions, Silver.com will be happy to help. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.