The Silver American Eagle coin has been available from the United States Mint since 1986. The coins have long used the same designs on the obverse and reverse, with the Walking Liberty effigy on the obverse and the heraldic eagle on the reverse. 2021 not only brought a new design to the reverse, but it also resulted in both the original and new versions of the coin being struck. Right now, 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you in protective capsules with a two-coin box and a Certificate of Authenticity included!
- 35th-anniversary release of Silver American Eagles!
- Reverse-proof specimens!
- Mintage limited to 125,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per coin.
- Bears individual face values of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse of the coins are the heraldic eagle for the Type 1 and the soaring bald eagle for the Type 2.
- Coins have W mint marks on Type 1 specimens and S mint marks on Type 2 specimens.
Each 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set in this listing comes with beautiful protective packaging from the mint. The US Mint has encapsulated both coins and set them within individual slots inside of a two-coin box. The set comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from the mint.
In this set, you will receive a 2021-dated Type 1 Silver Eagle and a 2021-dated Type 2 Silver Eagle. This set represents the transition year from the original reverse design to the new reverse design that will be used going forward. Both coins are reverse proofs with mirrored designs over frosted fields.
The obverse of both coins in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set features Walking Liberty. This effigy of Liberty was created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman and depicts Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon. She carries branches of oak and laurel in her left hand while the American flag is draped around her figure.
On the reverse of coins in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets, you will find two different designs. The Type 1 coin with the W mint mark from the West Point Mint features the image of the heraldic eagle. This was modified in 1986 for this series by John Mercanti. The Type 2 coin with the S mint mark from the San Francisco Mint has the new image of a bald eagle soaring through the sky with an oak branch. This design was created in 2020 by Emily Damstra.
If you have questions, Silver.com is here to help. Please contact us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.