The Proof Silver American Eagle has been issued since 1986, with three of the four branch mints of the US Mint issuing the coins over the course of time. The Philadelphia Mint has issued the fewest by date mark, with eight date marks between 1993 and 2000, and only two more since then. The West Point Mint has issued 22 date marks as of 2021, and the San Francisco Mint is the next closest at 13 in total as of 2021. Right now, 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in an NGC protective plastic slab!
- 35th-anniversary year of availability in the Proof Silver Eagle Series!
- First S-Proof Silver Eagle with the new bald eagle reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Ultra-cameo designation.
- First Release specimen.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new image of a bald eagle in flight.
- S mint mark from the San Francisco Mint.
Each 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle is available to you for purchase with a plastic slab and a perfect certification from the NGC. PF70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster with no detractions present on the design elements or surface areas of the coin. The ultra-cameo designation indicates that these coins have strong, frosted designs contrasting against a deeply-mirrored, clear background field. Finally, the First Release label means the coins were received for grading within 30 days of release from the mint.
The release of the 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle Type 2 marks the first issue of the S-Proof in 2021. While the W-Proof Silver Eagle featured in 2021 with both the Type 1 design, Miley Busiek’s original bald eagle design, and the Type 2 design, Emily Damstra’s soaring eagle.
The obverse of the 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle features Adolph A. Weinman’s iconic Walking Liberty design. This visual shows the full-length figure of Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon. She extends her right hand toward the sun as her left carries branches of oak and laurel. The American flag is draped around her figure in this design.
On the reverse side of 2021-S Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 coins is the new effigy of the bald eagle from Emily Damstra. This design shows the bald in a three-quarter profile relief as it swoops into view clutching a large oak branch in its talons.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.