The Proof Silver Eagle was first struck by the San Francisco Mint when it debuted in 1986. The coins in both the BU and Proof Series were issued by San Francisco in the early years, with the Proof Silver Eagle moving to the Philadelphia Mint in 1993. As of 2001, the West Point Mint has been the traditional mint of origin for the Proof Silver Eagles. Today, 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- 35th anniversary for the Proof Silver American Eagles!
- Includes a new reverse design element!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- On the obverse is the Walking Liberty design.
- The reverse field depicts a new bald eagle element.
- Bears an S mint mark from the San Francisco Mint.
The Proof Silver American Eagle is available from the San Francisco Mint in 2021 for a fourth year in a row. While the San Francisco Mint struck the coins from 1986 to 1992, it was more than two decades before the California-based mint began striking the coins again. As of 2018, the San Francisco Mint has been striking the coins again annually with low mintages compared to the W-Proofs from the West Point Mint.
All of the 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins in this listing come with near-perfect grades from the PCGS. Coins with a PR69 grade have full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of those flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin. The First Strike label within the slab means that these coins were received within 30 days of release.
On the obverse of 2021-S Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins is a depiction of Walking Liberty. This design shows the full-length figure of Liberty walking in left-profile relief with her right hand outstretched toward the sun as her left carries branches of oak and laurel. The American flag is draped around her figure in this design.
The reverse field of the 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle Type 2 Coin comes with an image of the American bald eagle. This new design from Emily Damstra depicts an American bald eagle descending into view with an oak branch in its talons as if it is going to add to its nest.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.