The 2021 release of silver coins at the United States Mint included commemorative Morgan and Peace Dollars. This collection of six coins, with five Morgans and one Peace, celebrates the centennial of the 1921 release of silver dollars in the United States that saw the final issue of the Morgan Dollar and the first issue of the Peace Dollar. Today, 2021 Silver Morgan and Peace Dollar 6-Coin Sets are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Available to ship to you inside protective NGC plastic slabs!
- Centennial release of Silver Morgan and Peace Dollars!
- Original mintages are limited!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .858 Troy ounces of .999 fine silver per coin.
- The individual face values of $1 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue designation.
- On the obverse of each coin is an effigy of Liberty.
- The reverse side of the coins features an image of the American bald eagle.
In 1921, the United States Mint resumed issuing silver dollars. The mint was not prepared with a design, so the first decision made was to revive the Morgan Dollar design that was last issued in 1904. 1921 Morgan Dollars were produced through December. When the new Peace Dollar design from Anthony de Francisci was ready, the US Mint began issuing the new Silver Peace Dollars on December 28, 1921.
All of the 2021 Silver Morgan and Peace Dollar 6-Coin Sets available here come with a perfect certification for each coin and an individual slab. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification have full, original mint luster and lack all possible flaws from the production process. First Day of Issue coins are those that were received by the NGC within 24 hours of release from the mint.
On the obverse of each of the coins in the 2021 Silver Morgan and Peace Dollar 6-Coin Set is a portrait of Liberty. The Silver Morgan Dollar comes with a left-profile relief of Liberty created by George T. Morgan in 1878. The Silver Peace Dollar features a left-profile relief of Liberty as well, with the design coming from Anthony de Francisci and created in 1921.
The reverse side of the 2021 Silver Morgan and Silver Peace Dollars features the American bald eagle. The Morgans have a depiction of the heraldic eagle of the United States, while the Peace coins have an image of the American bald eagle resting on an olive branch with its wings at its sides.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions when buying silver. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.