The last time the United States Mint issued the Silver Morgan Dollar was in 1921. This issue came 17 years after the US Mint had ended the annual issue of the coins in 1904. To mark the centennial of this final issue, the US Mint offers five 2021 Silver Morgan Dollars to celebrate. Right now, certified-perfect 2021 Silver Morgan Dollars are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside a PCGS protective plastic slab!
- Centennial bullion version of the Silver Morgan Dollars!
- Struck at the Philadelphia Mint!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .858 Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue.
- The obverse features Liberty.
- On the reverse is the heraldic eagle.
- Replicates the original designs from George T. Morgan.
Each of the 2021 Silver Morgan Dollars available in this Silver.com listing come with plastic slabs and a perfect certification from the PCGS. Mint State 70 coins are those that exhibit full, original mint luster and have no detractions of any kind. The First Day of Issue label means the coins were received for grading within 24 hours of release from the mint.
The Philadelphia Mint was one of two branch mints to issue the Silver Morgan Dollars every year from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921. The only other mint to do so was the San Francisco Mint. The Philadelphia Mint issued far more of the coins historically than any other mint. In 1921 alone, the mint issued 44.69 million coins, more than double the amount of San Francisco and Denver combined that year.
The obverse of 2021 Silver Morgan Dollars features a historic portrait of Liberty. Created by George T. Morgan, it shows Liberty in left-profile relief with a Phrygian cap at the back of her head and the laurel wreath and coronet crown at the top of her head.
On the reverse side of 2021 Silver Morgan Dollars, you will find the heraldic eagle of the United States. This design was also created by George T. Morgan in 1878 and features a front-facing bald eagle. The image shows the eagle with spread wings, the olive branch of peace in one talon, and the arrows of war in the other. There is also a wreath on this side.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is here to help at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.