As part of the United States Mint’s celebration of the 35th anniversary of the Gold American Eagle in 2021, the mint offered proof versions of the coin in two-coin designer sets. These 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle Sets came with a 2021-dated coin bearing Miley Busiek’s original design and a 2021-dated coin with Jennie Norris’ new design on the reverse. Today, 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Available to you in individual PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary release of Gold American Eagles!
- Availability of certified coin sets is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content per coin.
- The individual face values of $5 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike specimens.
- On the obverse is Liberty.
- The reverse of the coins features the Miley Busiek design and the Jennie Norris design of the bald eagles.
- Bears W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
The Two-Coin Designer Sets from the United States Mint offered collectors the opportunity to own both of the designs from 2021 in a single set. The Type 1 coin features the bald eagle family design from Miley Busiek that was created for this series in 1986, while the Type 2 coin features the image of a single bald eagle head as created in 2020 by Jennie Norris.
All of these 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagles are available with near-perfect grades. PR69 coins have full, original mint luster and no more than two minor detractions. Examples of acceptable flaws at this grade include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines. These flaws must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin. First Strike specimens are those coins received for certification within 30 days of release from the mint.
On the obverse of both coins in the 2021-W Proof Gold Eagle Two-Coin Designer Set is the historic Liberty effigy. Created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, it features Liberty in front-facing relief as she walks toward you with a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other.
The reverse side of the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagles in the Designer Set are two different images. The Type 1 coin has the image of a male eagle soaring over a nest as a female eagle guards hatchlings within. The Type 2 coins have the new portrait of a bald eagle in left-profile relief.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.