The four coins of the Proof Gold Eagle Series were launched by the US Mint between 1986 and 1988. Although the four coins were not all available from the start in 1986, all four coins celebrate the 35th anniversary of the broader series in 2021 with the release of the new Type 2 design on the reverse. Right now, 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets in perfect condition are available to purchase online from Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Arrives in PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary date in the Proof Gold Eagle Series!
- Includes both the Type 1 and Type 2 reverse designs!
- Original mintage limited to 5,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content per coin.
- Bears face values of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued Grades of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike specimens.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse of the Type 1 coin is a family of bald eagles, while the reverse of the Type 2 coin features a portrait of a bald eagle head.
- Comes with W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
Each of the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets comes with two coins, both of which are in PR70 condition. Coins in this condition are considered perfect specimens with full, original mint luster and no detractions. The First Strike designation is for coins received for grading within 30 days of the original release.
The new 2021 Proof Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set was released by the United States Mint with an initial mintage of only 5,000 coin sets. The set offers two 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagles, each with a 2021 date mark, but different reverse designs. Included in the set is a coin with the Type 1 design featuring the original reverse, and a coin with the Type 2 design featuring the new reverse bald eagle design.
The obverse of 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle Eagles in the 2-Coin Designer Set includes the effigy of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Designed in 1907, it features a front-facing effigy of Liberty walking toward the viewer as she holds up a torch in her right hand and carries an olive branch in her left. Sun rays are visible behind her with a ring of 50 stars around the design.
On the reverse of the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagles in the 2-Coin Designer Set offer both the Type 1 and Type 2 designs. The Type 1 coin features a family of bald eagles as designed in 1986 by Miley Busiek. The Type 2 coin features the new image of a bald eagle in left-profile relief as created by Jennie Norris.
If you have questions, Silver.com is here to help. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.