The gold coins of the Gold Eagle Series at the United States Mint have never offered variety like you’ll find in the 2021 release. To mark the 35th anniversary of the series, the US Mint debuted a new reverse design element in 2021. However, the US Mint also gave the original reverse design one last hurrah in its 2021 release cycle, creating a distinctive range of coins for investors and collectors to own. Now, 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins arrive in NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary year of availability for Proof Gold Eagles!
- Features Type 1 and Type 2 coins in the set!
- Original mintage limited to 5,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content per coin.
- Issued face values of $5 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PF70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release specimens.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse of the coins are a family of bald eagles for the Type 1 design and a single bald eagle on the Type 2 design.
- W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
The United States Mint issued the original design of a family of bald eagles on the reverse side of 2021 Gold Eagles through the first half of 2021. However, this was limited to the BU and Proof versions only, with no Burnished coin issued in 2021 with the Type 1 design. By midyear, things changed.
Starting in July 2021, the new bald eagle design on the reverse that was created by Jennie Norris was put into production by the US Mint. This image will not only feature on all four coins in the BU and Proof series, but will also feature on the 1 oz gold coin of the Burnished series, making it the first Burnished coin struck in 2021.
The obverse of 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets includes the iconic Lady Liberty design. Created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, this impressive visual includes the U.S. Capitol Building, sun rays, a ring of 50 stars, and the front-facing effigy of Liberty carrying a torch and an olive branch.
On the reverse side of the 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets, you will find coins with both the Type 1 and Type 2 designs. On the Type 1 coin, a male eagle returns to the nest as a female and hatchling rest within the nest. The Type 2 coin features the image of a bald eagle’s head in left-profile relief.
These 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to you in perfect condition. PF70 coins showcase full, original mint luster and bear no detractions. The Early Release designation is for those coins received by the NGC within 30 days of issue by the mint.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you with questions at 888-989-7223. Alternatively, you can chat with us live online or email us directly.