In 2021, the United States Mint issued its coveted Gold American Eagles in two stages. Coins issued in the first half of the year through roughly June 2021 had the original reverse design from Miley Busiek. Coins issued from July 2021 onward have the new bald eagle reverse design from Jennie Norris. These coins have become known within the 2021 release as the Type 1 and Type 2 coins to differentiate between the reverse designs. The Proof Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set celebrates the past and future of the series with each design available. Right now, certified-perfect 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you in protective plastic slabs courtesy of the NGC!
- 35th anniversary in the Proof Gold American Eagle Series!
- Features a Type 1 and Type 2 coin!
- Original mintage limited to 5,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content per coin.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue coins.
- The obverse depicts Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is an image of the family of bald eagles on the Type 1 coin and a lone bald eagle on the Type 2 coins.
- Features W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
Each 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set offers you two coins in perfect condition. PF70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster and have no detracting flaws of any kind on the design elements or fields of the coin. The First Day of Issue labels within the slab identify the coins as specimens received by the NGC for grading within 24 hours of the initial release of the coins.
The obverse of 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagles in the 2-Coin Designer Set features the historic Lady Liberty effigy. Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, it was originally used on the Gold $20 Double Eagle until 1933 and later revived for the Gold American Eagle bullion series of coins. Liberty is shown in front-facing relief walking toward the viewer with an olive branch in one hand and a torch in the other. The coins have sun rays in the background and a ring of 50 stars around the design field.
On the reverse of coins in the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are the Type 1 and Type 2 images. The former design is the original from the series and shows a family of bald eagles in and around their next. The latter design is the new version for the collection and captures a bald eagle head in left-profile relief.
If you have any questions, Silver.com will be happy to help. Our team is available on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.