The release of 2021 Proof Gold American Eagles from the United States Mint is one of the most hotly anticipated in the series in years. The 2021 release is not only the 35th-anniversary issue of the coins, but also the first date mark in the series to offer a refreshed design element in the series. With the release of 2021 Type 2 coins, an all-new image of the bald eagle is found on the reverse of the coins. Today, certified-perfect 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you online from Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- 35th-anniversary year of release in the Proof Gold Eagle Series!
- Comes with a brand-new bald eagle design on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM visuals.
- Early Release.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse depicts a bald eagle head.
- Bears a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Starting in July 2021, the US Mint paused production of 2021-dated coins to transition away from production of coins with the original design and start striking coins with the new reverse design. This new image was chosen from a selection of more than 30 designs in all and was created by Jennie Norris.
All of the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins available here come with perfect grades from the NGC. A PF70 coin has full, original mint luster and presents with no detracting flaws of any kind. The design field also showcases UCAM visuals. This term stands for ultra-cameo and refers to the presence of strong, frosted designs over deeply-mirrored, clear fields. An Early Release coin is one received for grading within 30 days of issue from the US Mint.
On the obverse of 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins is an effigy of Liberty. Created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, the visual shows Liberty in front-facing relief walking away from the U.S. Capitol Building with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. Sun rays frame her figure as a ring of 50 stars encircles the field.
The reverse face of 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins comes with a new depiction of the American bald eagle. The coins have a left-profile image of the head of an American bald eagle.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can call our team at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.