The Gold Eagles from the United States Mint marked the 35th anniversary of the series in style in 2021. The collection offered two releases, with the first featuring the original reverse from Miley Busiek and the second offering the new reverse design from Jennie Norris. Right now, 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- 35th-anniversary release of the Proof Gold Eagle!
- Brand-new bald eagle design features on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimen.
- First Release designation.
- The obverse depicts Liberty.
- On the reverse is an American bald eagle.
- W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 listed here at Silver.com comes with a perfect certification from the NGC. Coins in PF70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and come with no detractions of any kind present. The UCAM designation assigned to these coins refers to the ultra-cameo proof, meaning each one has strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. First Release coins are those the NGC receives for certification within 30 days of release by the mint.
The all-new bald eagle on the reverse of 2021 Proof Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins comes from Jennie Norris. Ms. Norris is a member of the United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program and submitted her design of the bald eagle in 2020 for consideration. It beat out some 30-plus additional designs to serve as the new effigy of the eagle in this series.
The obverse of 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins comes with an image of Liberty. This front-facing relief shows Liberty’s full-length figure as she walks toward you with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left hand.
On the reverse side of the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle Type 2 Coin is the all-new design element from Jennie Norris. This work of art shows the American bald eagle’s head in left-profile relief with incredible levels of detail.
If you have any questions, Silver.com is here to assist. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.